Sunday, March 31, 2013

MILAN



WHERE TO STAY



Milan is a city most known for its incredible fashion. The Bulgari family, most known for their exquisite jewelry, opened this boutique hotel in private residence area only blocks away from the busy city. This hotel is one of my favorite hotels in the world due to its lush gardens.  In these gardens, guest are allowed to enjoy their morning coffee with a novel or they can enjoy a bellini, a classic Italian cocktail, before dinner. Besides the gardens, I love to use the spa to relax and unwind from such a long flight. The spa is built to resemble the ancient aqueducts, making it the perfect facility to mediate and relax.

Bulgari Hotel Milan
Via Privata F.lil Gabba, 7b
+39 02 805 8051
www.bulgarihotels.com/en-us/milan/

WHERE TO EAT



One of the best meals of my life was at a hole in the wall restaurant in Milan named Nabucco. Nabucco’s chef is known for making classic Italian dishes with a twist. In my opinion, Nabucco’s osso buco with saffron risotto is the best in the world.  And not to forget, Nabucco makes the best homemade pasta; my personal favorite is their gambelli with pesto sauce. When I travel to Milan, I always make Nabucco my first stop.

Nabucco Ristorante
Via Fiori Chiari, 10
+39 02 860663
www.nabucco.it/

WHERE TO DRINK



For drinks and dancing, Just Cavalli is the hottest spot in Milan. To avoid paying pricy cover fees, I suggest going there for a late dinner or drink before the real crowd comes in to dance. Once inside, take advantage of the knowledgeable bartenders and mixologist. I would suggest telling them what you like and they can craft you a drink based of your favorite type of liquor.

Just Cavalli Hollywood Club
Via Luigi Camoens
+39 02 311817
www.justcavallihollywood.it/

WHAT TO SEE



La Scala is one of Milan’s biggest attractions. Being able to attend an opera at La Scala is magical and has been occupied by many of the greatest artists in the world, generation after generation. I was lucky enough to see the ballet, Swan Lake and the opera, Lohengrin on my latest visit. Both of these performances blew me away. The Milanese make sure everyone can attend performance at La Scala. Students and teachers receive special discounts if they show proper identification.

Teatro alla Scala
Via Filodrammatici, 2
+39 02 7200 3744
www.teatroallascala.org/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment